Mr. Rappoport is a land development professional, with decades of California construction management field and senior management experience. Mr. Rappoport’s experience as a Director of Land Development, Director of Operations, and Land Development Manager, combined with field postings as Offsite, Grading and Landscape superintendent support his qualifications as a land development expert witness.
Land development envolves taking a parcel of raw land, obtaining the entitlements, satisfying conditions and obtaining permits to develop the land. Project and construction management focuses on the processes required to develop and construct the land and vertical project elements.
As a former Director of Land Development, Mr. Rappoport understands the complexities involved in land development, including due diligence to entitlements, permits, satisfying conditions of approval, developing pro-forma land budgets or critical path construction schedules.
Obtaining entitlements and permits is only half the job. In postings as an Offsite, Grading, and Landscape Superintendent, Mr. Rappoport learned the intricacies of field construction, including consultant, general and subcontractor coordination, field supervision and critical path scheduling.
As a Land Development Expert, Jeremy will:
- Provide a telephone preliminary review and interview with the Client free of charge.
- Review and evaluate all documents supplied by the Client in a timely manner.
- Make suggestions to obtain documents to support the Client’s positions, assist in discovery.
- Review land acquisition, due diligence and entitlement processing of tentative and final maps.
- Inspect evidence through the proper chain of custody.
- Research and provide technical information, research agency development guidelines and specifications.
- Inspect the General Contractor-Subcontractor contract documents and specifications.
- Evaluate the General Contractor field supervision, documentation, scheduling procedures and subcontractor relationship.
- Evaluate the actions and behavior of other subcontractors affecting the Client.
- Evaluate the actions and behavior of real estate professionals, agency representative, and professional consultants.
- Determine satisfaction of the standard of care.
- Develop impartial expert opinion based on facts and supporting evidence.
Land development cases can be extremely complex and require an experienced professional. Put three decades of field and senior Land Development expertise to work for your client, call 858-205-4748 and speak with Jeremy Rappoport today.